Foodie Holidays in 1066 Country
Munch your way around 1066 Country on one of our special foodie holidays.
Take advantage of fresh local produce with our gastronomic breaks in this beautiful corner of Britain on our 1066 Country foodie holidays.
Being close to the sea and surrounded by farmland it’s little surprise that the food served in some of these fabulous buildings comes from only a few miles away. The famous Romney Marsh Lamb, Rye bay Scallops and plaice all feature on the menus as well as traditional English pub dishes using locally sourced ingredients such as Rye Bay fish, fruit and veg from the High Street greengrocers and meat from the local farms to give you a taste sensation.
Fancy yourself as a chef then colourful farmers markets, and delis are where you will be able to source all you need to produce your own gourmet meals in the kitchen of your chosen holiday cottage.
Fab Foodie Festivals
Rye is a food-lovers’ destination and these annual events are perfect for foodie holidays!
Rye Bay Scallop Festival 11th-19th Feb 2012
This week-long festival celebrates the harvest of the sea, with many different events, and the town’s top pubs and restaurants will be creating inspiring and imaginative dishes featuring scallops. Local wine producers will be offering the perfect accompaniment to the chefs’ delights too. If you head to the quayside you will be able to see the local fisherman holding demonstrations on how to open and prepare scallops.
Wild Boar Week in Rye 15th-23rd Oct
Wild Boar Week in Rye celebrates medieval food in this beautiful medieval town.
Booking one of or foodie holidays during this week gives you the perfect opportunity to feast in the medieval fayre from the dark ages; and not just wild boar!
Rye’s restaurants and inns will be showcasing an array of treats from fish to fowl, ale to mead.
Perfect places to stay on our foodie holidays
Foodies are spoilt for choice when it comes to picking the best places to go on our foodie holidays.
Our top gastronomic foodie venues:
- Webbe’s at The Fish Cafe Rye -Lively, contemporary brasserie/restaurant atmosphere in an unusual building in the centre of Rye.
- Tuscan Kitchen Rye -an authentic family run rustic Tuscan kitchen set in an olde worlde beamed listed building makes a relaxed atmosphere.
- The Ship Inn Rye -The pub was built in 1592, originally as a warehouse to store contraband seized from smugglers.
- The George Inn Rye -offering both fresh and seasonal food sourced from the local farms of Sussex and Kent.
- Ypres Castle Inn Rye -The Ypres Castle Inn, known locally as ‘The Wipers’, has been providing hospitality to visitors and residents of Rye for centuries.
- Landgate Bistro Rye -Our food is British, with a classic or modern slant. Some bistro favourites you will find on our menu all year around, while other dishes changes with season.
- Baileys of Rye
- The Gallivant Camber
- The Mermaid Inn Rye
So take a break with a culinary twist with our foodie holidays!