Booking Terms & Conditions
Please read these conditions carefully. They set out the basis on which we arrange your accommodation and other services acting as an agent. ‘We’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ means Beside The Sea Holidays Ltd. We act as an agent in booking your accommodation. Your contract will be with your accommodation provider (referred to as Owner from now on). As we act as agents when taking your booking, we accept no legal responsibility for any contract you enter into. In these booking conditions, ‘you’ and ‘your’ means all people named on the booking (including anyone who is added or replaced at a later date).
Please note that these Booking Conditions do not include cancellation protection rights, and you will not be protected from your liability for up to 100% of your holiday costs in the event of cancellation. In making a booking, you warrant that you are 18 years of age or over and have the authority to accept and do accept on behalf of your party the terms and conditions set out below.
1. Making a booking. All offers and bookings are subject to availability. We reserve the right to alter prices in our brochures or on our websites, prices may go up or down. We will advise you of the current price at the time of your booking. A binding contract comes into existence between you and the owner once we have received your non-refundable deposit and we have issued an invoice and booking acceptance by e-mail, fax or post on behalf of the owner. You must check your invoice and booking acceptance as well as all other documents we send you carefully as soon as you receive them. If any information appearing on any document appears to be inaccurate in any way, you must let us know straight away. We regret we cannot accept any liability to make changes if we are not notified of any inaccuracy in any document within 7 days of our sending it out. We, on behalf of the owner, have the right to refuse any booking before we send you your written confirmation. If we do this, we will tell you in writing and promptly refund any money that you have paid to us. In this case, neither we nor the owner will have any legal responsibility to you.
2. Duration of your stay. The usual check-in time is 3pm (subject to unavoidable delays). The check-out time is usually 10am . You are obliged to leave everything in a clean and tidy condition and you are responsible for any damage done or loss sustained during your stay.
Prices include VAT (where applicable) at the rates applicable at the time of printing and are subject to change if the rates or application of the tax changes. In the event of a change in the rate of VAT during the course of the year, your holiday will on behalf of the owner be invoiced at the new amount of VAT unless you have already taken your holiday or paid the balance in full prior to the date of the change.
3. Payment. When you book you must pay the applicable non refundable deposit requested.
Standard Deposit A non-refundable deposit of 30% is required to secure your booking. The deposit payment will be applied toward the rent. We advise that you take out suitable travel insurance that covers cancellation and loss of deposit.
4. Pricing. We, on behalf of the owner, may increase or reduce the prices of unsold products and services or correct mistakes in pricing at any time before we confirm your booking. We will confirm the price of your booking when you make it. As changes and mistakes can happen, you must check all details at the time of booking. We can pass on to you, in full, after we have confirmed your booking, all costs or charges the owner makes to us which are connected with your accommodation, including any price increases due to changes in the rates of currency.
5. Brochure and Website accuracy. We aim to make sure that the information provided by owners is presented accurately on our website, in brochures and other promotional literature or material we produce and provide. There may be small differences between the actual property and its description. This is usually because the owners are always aiming to improve services and facilities. Occasionally, problems mean that some facilities or services are not available or may be restricted. If this happens, we will tell you as soon as reasonably practical after we become aware of the situation. We cannot accept responsibility for any changes or closures to local services or attractions mentioned in the brochure or on our website, by our advisers or advertised elsewhere. We make reasonable efforts to ensure that information we give you about your accommodation and its facilities. As we act only as agents for the owner, we cannot accept responsibility for any inaccurate, incomplete or misleading information about the accommodation or its facilities and/or services, except in the case of negligence by us.
6.a. All bookings placed after 01/04/2020 for Arrival from the 1st August 2020 or later are covered by Master Cancel
- Only lodging costs are refunded. Additional extras, including but not limited to cleaning fees, taxes and other ancillary charges, will not be refunded.
- Refund Payment for cancelled bookings will be released back to the cancelling guest on the scheduled date of check-out of the original booking.
- Cancellations made 2 days or 1 day prior to or the day of check-in will not be eligible for refund.Example: For a check in on Saturday, Guests could cancel the prior Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, but not Thursday (2 days prior) or Friday (1 day prior) or Saturday (day of check in).
- Guests may cancel their reservation by simply notifying us that they wish to cancel.
6.b. If you change or cancel your booking.
a.) Changes. Once a booking has been confirmed by us to you, should you require it to be amended or re-invoiced for any reason (including for example accidental loss of the original invoice) then, if we accept this change, a fee of £10.00 will be charged together with any costs or charges imposed by other service providers.
b) Cancellations. Telephone or e-mail us immediately if you have to cancel quoting your booking reference. Your cancellation is effective from the date we receive your telephone or e-mail notification from you.
c) If cancellation takes place within 8 weeks of your stay, you are still liable for the payment of your balance. We will endeavour to re-let your booked period. If we are able to do so before your balance is due, you will only lose your booking deposit. If we are able to re-let after you have paid your balance, then we will refund the whole or part of that money (so that you only lose your booking deposit) up to a maximum of the hire charges we receive in re-letting.
d) We strongly advise taking out comprehensive travel insurance to cover possible cancellation costs and your stay at the holiday cottage.
If you choose not to then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
7. Cancellations or changes by the Owner. The owners do not expect to have to make any changes to your booking. However, sometimes problems happen and bookings have to be changed or cancelled or mistakes in brochures or other details corrected. The owner has the right to do this. If they do, we, on their behalf, will contact you (by phone if reasonably possible in the case of a significant change or cancellation – we will let you know about minor changes by e-mail) as soon as is reasonably practical. We will explain what has happened and let you know about the cancellation or change. As the agent and on behalf of the owner, we regret we cannot pay compensation or any reimbursement of any expenses or costs you may incur as a result of any such cancellation or change. As the agent we will try and find you suitable alternative accommodation or else refund the money you have paid, our liability for cancellations will be limited to monies paid to our Agency by you in relation to the booking in question.
8. Force Majeure. Neither we nor the accommodation owner can accept responsibility or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of the contract is prevented or affected by reason of circumstances which amount to “force majeure”. Circumstances amounting to “force majeure” include any event which we or the owners could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such circumstances include the destruction or damage of your accommodation (which cannot reasonably be remedied to a satisfactory standard before the start of your holiday) through fire, flood, explosion, storm or other weather damage, break-in, criminal damage, riots or civil strife, industrial action, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, war or threat of war, actual or threatened terrorist activity, epidemic and all similar situations beyond the owner’s control.
9. Compensation. In the unlikely event of there being dissatisfaction with your stay compensation may be offered in the form of a discounted stay at a future date.
10. Our legal responsibility to you. As we act only as an agent, for the owner we cannot accept any liability for any act or omission on their part or of anyone representing or employed by them. We cannot accept any liability for any problems or faults with or in any property as all properties are controlled by the owners. If you have any complaints about any services we provide (as opposed to any provided by the owner), you must let us know immediately in writing and in any event within seven days of the end of any arrangements booked through us. We regret we cannot accept any legal responsibility if you do not let us know. We will not pay more than the commission we have earned for the booking, plus any connected expenses you cannot recover from elsewhere, if we are found to be at fault in relation to any service we provide (as opposed to any service provided by the owner, for whom we are not responsible). We do not exclude or limit what we will be legally responsible for if death or personal injury is caused as a result of our negligence or that of our employees, or for any criminal act we may commit. Neither we nor the owner can be held responsible for noise or disturbance which comes from beyond the boundaries of the accommodation or which is beyond the owner’s control. We cannot be held responsible for the breakdown of mechanical equipment such as pumps, boilers or swimming pool filtration systems, nor for the failure of public utilities such as water, gas and electricity.
11. Personal Travel Insurance. You are strongly recommended to take out Travel Insurance for your holiday.
12. Disabilities and medical problems. Much of the accommodation we feature is unsuitable for visitors with mobility difficulties. To ensure the accommodation and location booked is suitable for visitors with a disability, it is essential that all booking requests from parties including people with special needs, give us full and clear details of those needs at the time of booking. We also require confirmation as to whether or not the disabled visitor will be accompanied on their holiday by an individual able to attend to all their requirements. If the owner reasonably feels unable to properly meet that person’s particular needs, we must reserve the right on their behalf to refuse or cancel the reservation.
13. Special requests. If you have any special requests you must let us know when you make a booking and confirm them in writing by e-mail. Although we will try to pass any reasonable requests on to the owner, we cannot guarantee that any request will be met. Confirmation that we have noted a special request or passed it to the owner, or of the fact it is shown on your written confirmation or any other document, is not confirmation that the request will be met.
14. Complaints or concerns. If you want to complain, we, together with the owner, will want to take action to sort your complaint as soon as possible. It is essential that you contact the emergency contact number you have been provided immediately if any problem arises so that it can be sorted out as quickly as possible. It is often extremely difficult (and sometimes impossible) to sort out difficulties properly unless we are told promptly. If you discuss the problem with the owner or their representative during your stay at the accommodation they will endeavour to have the matter addressed. As we act only as an agent for the owner, we cannot accept any legal responsibility for your accommodation or personal property. If we help to sort out a complaint, we are doing so as a gesture of goodwill in our capacity an agent only.
15. Number in your party. The total number in your party must not exceed the capacity of the accommodation as advertised by us. Babies under 2 may or may not be counted as members of your party.
16. Linen, Towels and Keys. Except for cots, bed linen is provided. This may be duvets or blankets and sheets. Please take bed linen for cots with you as required.
17. Activities and facilities.
(a) Your accommodation owner reserves the right to alter or withdraw amenities or facilities or any activities without prior notice where reasonably necessary due to repairs, maintenance, weather conditions and circumstances beyond their control. Bicycles and barbecues may be supplied at your property. It is guests responsibility to ensure that the barbecue is used correctly, safely and cleaned after use. Neither the letting agent nor the owners will accept liability for accidents caused to guests in this regard. Bicycles are used at guests own risk and must be checked by the guest to ensure there are no faults before use and supply their own safety helmet. It is recommended that guests have 3rd party insurance as the letting agent and owners accept no liability for any accidents or injuries caused using the bicycle.
(b) Broadband internet access is offered in some properties. Where our owners do offer broadband, this is on the basis that neither they nor We promise that the service will be available constantly and that it is provided for recreational and not for business use. Neither a minimum speed, unrestricted bandwidth nor uninterrupted provision of an internet access service can be guaranteed and neither the Owner nor We will be liable for any form of compensation or expenses claimed by any guest in respect of the provision of internet services or telephone services not being available or failing.
18. Unreasonable behaviour. We as agent for the owner, or the owners themselves, have the right to refuse to hand over accommodation if the unreasonable behaviour of anyone in your party is likely to cause offence to other guests, residents or to members of staff. In such cases all hire charges paid will be refunded in full as quickly as reasonably practicable, the contract will be terminated and neither we nor the owner will have any further liability. We/the Owners reserve the right to terminate a holiday after the keys have been handed over, if the unreasonable behaviour of anyone in your party is likely to impair the enjoyment, comfort or health of other guests, residents or members of staff. In these circumstances, no refund will be given.
19. Damage to Accommodation. You are liable to the owner for any damage caused in the accommodation during the period of hire. The accommodation owner has the right to enter any accommodation (without prior notice if this is not practical or possible) if special circumstances or emergencies arise (for example if repairs need to be carried out).
20. Fire Safety. Guest obligation during the rental period, you shall:
(a) not cause or permit any dangerous or inflammable substance to be stored or collect in or on the Property apart from those needed for general domestic use;
(b) not light or permit any naked flame or candle at the Property except for the use to light the BBQ where these are present;
(c) not smoke at the Property (including on any balconies or patio areas). We have a no smoking rule at all Properties. This must be strictly adhered to and any damage or extra cleaning caused by smoking will be at the expense of you.
21. Party Type. Group/Party Bookings. The organiser or leader of a group or party booking is responsible for providing the party details. Should you arrive at your accommodation with such a group without notifying us of the required details which we pass on to the owner, the owner has the right to refuse to hand over the accommodation to you.
22. Security Deposits. You may be asked for an additional deposit at the discretion of the owner for some or all parties. This is payable with the balance and will be returned to you after your holiday, provided that your accommodation is undamaged, clean and tidy.
23. Your Pet. You may bring your pet with you only to our designated ‘pet friendly’ accommodation at a charge of up to £25.00 per pet. You must tell us that you are bringing a pet when you make your booking. You must bring your pet basket with you and ensure that your pet(s) does not lie on the bedding or chairs under any circumstances. Pets must not be left unattended in accommodation or elsewhere, and must be exercised on a lead and in the charge of an adult. Animals other than dogs can only be accepted with specific permission from the owner. In the interest of visitors’ safety, and following government legislation, we are sorry we are unable to accept any dogs named under the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 as amended from time to time, even where these types of dog are muzzled as required by government legislation.
24. Assistance Dogs. Registered assistance dogs are accepted free of charge at all pet friendly locations, subject to the availability of suitable accommodation.
25. Your Vehicles. Your vehicles, their accessories and contents are left entirely at your risk. Neither the owner nor we as agent are responsible for any loss or damage from or to any vehicle from any cause whatsoever.
26. Governing law. Any dispute, claim or other matter which may arise in relation to your booking will be governed by English law and you must agree that any dispute will be dealt with by the courts of England and Wales.
27. Data Protection Policy. We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
Copyright © The Beside The Sea Holidays Ltd.
all those previously published.
Prices and booking conditions may change. Please see our website for the latest details.
Registered office: 2 Whitesand Drive, Camber, East Sussex, England, TN31 7SJ
Registered in England and Wales. Company registration number: 07083065
Beside The Sea Holiday Ltd