In August, guests can enjoy one of the highlights in the beautiful cobbled town of Rye’s annual events calendar, the Rye Jazz Festival, taking place from August 22 – 26, following the huge success of the inaugural festival in 2012.
The Rye Jazz festival aims to offer a diverse range of music styles and performances including Jazz, Swing, Latin, Cuban, Soul, Blues, Rhythm and Blues, Funk, Gospel and World music. The programme this year includes a selection of top quality headline ticketed concerts, many free music performances, workshops, Jazz Parade and fringe events over the bank holiday August weekend.
The Rye Jazz Festivals’ inspiration is drawn from the world-famous Montreux Jazz Festival, and combined with the colours, hustle and bustle and vibrancy of New Orleans, The Rye Jazz Festival will be the highlight in the South East events calendar for music lovers; so, any music lovers staying at our beside the sea holiday cottages are sure to be in for a real treat when they see the line up of talented acts performing.
Wander through the cobbled streets of Rye, stop for a bite to eat, visit the wonderful shops throughout the town and wind your way to one of the local venues, pubs, hotels and restaurants where they will be serving up not only wonderful live music but also fabulous hospitality.
Rye Jazz Festival Headline acts include:
· Kyle Eastwood – Son of Clint Eastwood. Kyle is a virtuoso bassist in his own right at the forefront of the contemporary scene.
· Theo Jackson – One of Britain’s finest jazz musicians and singers
· Melissa James – Velvety powerhouse soulful vocals
· The enigmatic Earl Okin – Back by popular demand!
· Ian Shaw & Sarah Jane Morris – A unique collaboration of two of the greatest jazz talents
· Kasai Masai – Combining African traditional sounds with an urban twist at the stunning St Mary’s Church
The Rye Jazz Festival 2013 is all about having fun, relaxing and soaking up the wonderful atmosphere of Rye, whilst experiencing and listening to a diverse mix of musical styles and influences.
There are many wonderful venues throughout medieval Rye that will play host to a selection of live music presentations. Stroll the cobbled streets of Rye, enjoy the wide choice of fantastic hotels, pubs and restaurants and explore the many shops within the High Street and side roads of the town.
SPECIAL CUSTOMER LOYALTY DISCOUNT BESIDE THE SEA – RYE JAZZ FESTIVAL
Rye Jazz Festival, 22-26 August 2013 – We are delighted to offer customers of Beside the Sea a 15% discount to any ticketed performance during the festival.
· Enter the following promotional code RJ13G15 when booking online to receive your 15% discount on Rye Jazz Festival tickets
· Book securely online via the Rye Jazz Festival website